Monday, July 28, 2008

Our Anniversary


Last week Dave and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. I can't believe how fast the years go by, and how quickly styles change. : ) I was looking through my wedding album today and I couldn't believe how young everyone (including Dave and I) looked! Cody was so little, it made me feel old. Lately time together is a rareity, especially with children using up every spare minute, however I truely feel that the secret to a good marriage is to always make the time for each other. I know people always say that, but it really is true. I still look so forward to my husband comming through the door after work, not just as a hand off, but because he is still my best friend and I can't wait to talk to him. We have such a great friendship that everything else is an added bonus! That's not to say it's all been smooth sailing, but we have been together long enough to know that we can get through just about anything together. I can't wait to see what the next ten years bring. Happy Anniversary Dave! I love you!

7 comments:

Colby Alexander said...

Happy Anniverary, I didn't realize it was your BIG 10 year! Congrats I love you both!

Lisa said...

Has it really been 10 years? Time goes so fast. Happy Anniversary

Beau said...

ask dave what it's really about for me candace!

The Mathews Family said...

Yippee! Candace has a blog!!! Girl we need to get together sometime.
-Jessica
Oh... and Happy Anniversary!

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad I was sitting down when I discovered you were finally online. My goodness! What a shocker.

And speaking of shocker, Cregg! Don't you know this is your SISTER'S family blog?! Sicko!

10 years, eh? Isn't that aluminum? Maybe you could get him some cookie sheets or car parts or something. How romantic.

I am eager to see you again. Regarding the cake, I'm not sure we'll still have a little party or not - regardless, lets have you make a cake! I will leave the choice of cake up to you. Dazzle us!

Jill said...

Congrats Candace! Thanks again for the trade-off. We are definitely going to have to do that again.

The Burke Family said...

Hey Candace this is Nellyn I was browing through peoples blogs that I knew and found you. I miss not seeing you and catching up with you at annual NSP parties I hope all is well with you and I hope you don't mind me adding you to my daily blog role.