Thursday, September 11, 2008

TAGGED HIGH SCHOOL!!!!




1. Did you date someone from your school? yes




2. What kind of car did you drive? Ugly grey minivan & white Chev. Corsica




3. What was the most embarrassing moment of HS? Everyday that I had to drive the minivan.




4. Were you a party animal? No, I waited till high school was over for that.




5. Were you considered a flirt? I don't think so, but my exboyfriends might disagree.




6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Choir, I think Dahalquist took pity on me.




7. Were you a nerd? I don't think I was smart enough to be labeled a true nerd, the word DORK is a bit more fitting.




8. Were you on any varsity teams? No, the atheletic gene skipped right over me.




9. Did you get suspended/expelled? No, Does ditching count?




10. Can you still sing the fight song? Yes, if you took choir you knew it!




11. Who were your favorite teachers? Though they weren't my favorite I think Nelson & Dahlquist had the most lasting impact.




12. Where did you sit during lunch? In the hall-across from the choir and band rooms.




13. What was your mascot? Lion




14. Did you go to homecoming, and with who? C-Bettis




15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Definately not! I think that I am hormonal now, but back then, I was nothing but Hormones!!




16. What do you remember most about graduation? I didn't really get sad, I guess I thought I would still see everyone around. Plus-I think that there was a Depeche Mode concert that night, so I was pretty siked about that.




17. Where did you go senior skip day? Which one I had several senior skip days! ha ha




18. Were you in any clubs? No, my senior year I did a half day at UVSC so that kept me pretty busy.




19. Have you gained some weight since then? And How!




20. Who was your prom dates? 11th- B -Craig 12th- C-Bettis




21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? I am comming up on 15 years graduated and haven't gone to a reunion yet, shame on me. Maybe the next one.




22. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? PAY ATTENTION IN CLASS!!!! Don't be so pessimistic, things will work out the way they are supposed to. Have Fun!




23. What year did you graduate? 1994




24. Favorite High School Era Band or Song? Depeche Mode, The Cure, Nirvana and Offspring always remind me of high school. My favorite group at the time was Alice in Chains and my favorite song was "Would" also by AIC.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

me too about "would". prolly listened to that one song 5000 times or more.

The Mathews Family said...

You were a hot mama Senior, Candace! I always wanted your curls and your tan skin! Is that Coby behind you? I haven't seen a lot of the Payson folks for years. I went to Nate's 10 year reunion with him and it was so much more fun then my reunion would have been. It was great knowing practically everyone there but not having those same high school insecurities and emotions that went along with running into old school peers. ha ha
-Jessica

Colby Alexander said...

Loved it!

candace said...

You are so sweet Jessica, I never would have concidered myself a hot mama. I would however kill to have that body back:0 Yes that is Coby! I ran into Natalie at subway a few weeks back, and she kind of brought me up to speed with what there fam is up to. We always end up talking about the good old days, when there were more children in Elk Ridge than houses, and how we had free reign to just play and explore. Ahhh those were the days.

The Mathews Family said...

That's so funny! I ran into Bro and Sis Nielson over Onion Days. I know what you mean. We really did live a charmed life in the good old days of Elk Ridge. I'm afraid there just aren't a lot of places like that around anymore. I love that Nate grew up in ER, too, because I can say something like, "we used the same rocks every single day to save our places at the bus stop while we ran around and played", and he knows exactly what I'm talking about. Good times!
-J
Speaking of our childhood... do you ever hear from Marlene or Arianne?

candace said...

I haven't, I often wonder how Arianne is doing. I do see Marilyn every so often and she lets me know what Marlene is up to. I would love it if they had blogs! It is so fun to read yours and at least keep in touch that way.

Summer said...

Oh my gosh Candace that is too funny! How are you? Found your blog through Jill. I miss the good old KMA days we had some good laughs! Love your new goodie girl blog you know ill be ordering ! HA hA! Talk to you soon!

candace said...

Karen are you private? If you are I want an invite! I miss our scrappin too! By the way I love the pics of your baby on Jills site. WHAT A BEAUTY!