Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Onion Days!

I was so excited for Onion Days this year. Not only was my sister and her family comming, but my brother , his wife and baby girl flew in as well. We had every moment planned out, as usual.... That is every moment except the monsoon that came through town during the parade! Everyone was soaked! Children were floating away from parents, lawn chairs were abandoned, and the annual band concert was cancelled. It was a major bummer on a day that we always look so forward to :(
However, our hope was restored with the Bake-off competition. I won 1st place in the adult cream pies division, and 2nd place in muffins! I made a Carmel Pecan French silk pie, and a Carmel Apple Crisp muffin. It is so fun to do something I love to do, and have other people appreciate it! Tyler also won 2nd place in the junior division with his brownies that he calls "fudgeyboos"( I think he got that off Drake and Josh). I have to admit it was so hard not to just jump in and do it for him, but I've got to hand it to him, he made them all by himself. We had a great time doing it together and I'm sure we will enter again next year.
It was really great seeing everyone! Oh and Catie next year leave the monsoons in AZ :)

3 comments:

HeatherK said...

CONGRATS on winning the pie contest!!! you amaze with your baking skills.. Like I said before you need to start some cooking classes for us less talented!!! I lOVE your blog.. it is so fun to keep in touch this way!

Beau said...

LOL that week was so fun! We miss you can't wait until October!

The Mathews Family said...

That was a pretty wet parade wasn't it? I don't think I've laughed so hard in my life! It sounds like you are an unbelievable baker... something I would love to be better at. You should start blogging your recipes (unless they're a secret... shhhhh!) and your best tips for us baking challenged folks. Congrats on your wins!